Thursday, January 9, 2014

QR Codes and Google Forms

Over the last few weeks, I've experimented with QR Codes and Google forms. The codes were coupled with a math a few of my money math lessons. I used 15 different bags, with various. Ones amounts in them. Each bag had a code on it. After the students had counted the money, they used the QR Reader app to check their answers. The codes were easy to make using an online creator, and the app was free for scanning. The students enjoyed it the activity.

I've used google forms to start tracking my phone conversations with parents. After completing a phone call home, I record the name of the students, date, time, reason and a few notes, and submit this information. All of the info gets sent to a google spreadsheet were it can be viewed and interpreted. It's easy to see patterns and to fall back on to review if needed.

No comments:

Total Pageviews