Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Goals with Technology in Education

1. Implement technology on a schedule (morning, afternoon, daily, weekly).
Currently, we have 7 iPads for 7 teachers in first grade. I've tried to create a schedule to follow for our teachers to use, which has just begun to gain more interest. It is, at times, difficult to take the iPads on a regular basis, just because of limited supplies. Realistically, I could plan on taking them 3 times a week, morning or afternoon to use while in the classroom. I currently have about 8-10 students who work on 1-2 iPads daily for about 15 minutes. They are using apps to reinforce reading concepts. I'd like to give more independence to them to search and explore the variety of things they are interested in. If I could even get a 2:1 ratio 3 times a week for 15-20 minutes, I think I could see a benefit to their learning.

2. Incorporate creative and augmented learning activities that challenge and allow students to be creative.
I'd like to give more independence to them to search and explore the variety of things they are interested in. Students have currently been active in story building and movie making. They are just becoming familiar with how the iPad works and have a basic understanding of its functions. I will need to do some research to plan out a few more extensive activities that line up with our standards and objectives to make the best use of our time.

3. Engage in more training on how to use them effectively and efficiently.
Time is of the essence when it comes to school and concepts taught. If we are going to do this it needs to be planned and implemented correctly. I'd like to take a few more courses to see all of the possibilities.

1 comment:

Kenesha Brown said...

Hello,
My name is Kenesha Brown. I am a student in EDM 310 at the University of South Alabama. I think having goals with technology in education creates a healthy classroom environment. The three pointers you gave are very helpful, especially for schools with limited access. I would like to thank you for sharing such a great idea.

Total Pageviews