Saturday, November 16, 2013

Marzano's Teacher Led Factors

After reading Marzano’s chapter on teacher led factors, I found all factors mentioned differed from those I’d predicted. I originally was more focused on a teacher's ability to create an environment based on mutual respect and rapport with students. I hadn't given much thought to a school’s dynamics. Marzano states the three factors that influence student achievement are instructional strategies, classroom management, and curriculum design. I agree all three of these factors, and might add a fourth from Creemers (1994) research based on student grouping to the mix, but Marzano could have included this into instructional strategies. I also agreed with Marzano’s conclusion that states “if a school is willing to do all that it can at the school level and if all teachers in the School are at least competent in their profession, the School can have a tremendous impact on student achievement (p.76).” I would conclude that school support, consistency, and guidance seem to have drastic effects on student achievement over time.

1 comment:

Kenesha Brown said...

Hello,
My name is KeNesha Brown. I am a student in EDM 310 at the University of South Alabama. I would like to say that I enjoyed reading your blog post. I do agree with Marzano's three factors that influence students' achievement. The more I get into my studies, I am learning more about teaching strategies and ways to approach kids learning. Even though kids learn differently, teachers must approach them with the same material but on different levels. That's why it is important to have instruction strategies,classroom management, and curriculum design. Thanks for sharing an awesome post.

Total Pageviews