Thursday, December 5, 2013

Technology Goals

Classroom Goal: Differentiation

I have continued with my plan to differentiate more often in the classroom during whole group reading. I've found opportunities to change student requirements and have modified work for specific skills and fluency practice. Students have seemed responsive the new challenges that I have been providing them. These are at or near their ability level. I've noticed that my students who are "beyond" level are able to work more independently, compared to their peers who might be "on or approaching" grade level. I've also been able to incorporate several iPad activities that have challenged my students to think differently. Instead of having each student complete the same graphic organizer each week to show the application of a specific skill, they've had the option of using the Educreations app to show their understanding. For some students they have enjoyed this outlet and have welcomed the change.

During math, I've started a new "extra center" for two of my high achieving students. After they've shown that they have mastered a math concept, I have them working on a math operations story book, and a small research project based on their interests.

No comments:

Total Pageviews