Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Technology Tool

I've been able to incorporate my technology tool several times in my classroom. The tool is titled "Screencast-O-Matic" and it is free to download. The tool serves several purposes. First you can record your computer screens movements to give various directions about a webpage layout, or you can use it to instruct students on how to understand a concept (similar to teaching through a flipped classroom model). Secondly, you can save your recording for future uses.

Through use, I've found that this tool does a great job at allowing me to move around the classroom while teaching. It would be great for a technology class, in which directions were needed to get through a website. With this program, all students can do is listen to your voice, unless you have a computer camera set up to view your face as you speak. Overall, for a free product, it's worth it.

No comments:

Total Pageviews